The well-being our members, our staff and the gym culture is our utmost priority. We know there is a lot of news coverage out there around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we wanted to let you know what we are doing.
We are closely following the CDC (Center for Disease Control) for updates and want to let you know we have already begun taking a few extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible. For the latest updates on COVID-19, please refer to the CDC. We ask you to please join our efforts to maintain a safe environment for every Mitch’s Gym member.
What is the Coronavirus?
- Coronavirus Disease 2019, or COVID-19, is a new respiratory virus part of a large family of viruses. Learn about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (CDC)
- Current symptoms reported for patients with COVID-19 are very similar to influenza and have included mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. Read more about COVID-19 symptoms here.
What is Mitch’s Gym doing to prevent COVID-19?
- Our team will continue to clean and sanitize the facility throughout the day.
- We have also increased cleaning protocols to be sure all doorknobs, props, weights and other surfaces are sanitized more frequently.
- We have instituted an all-hands on deck mentality — so every team member will be ensuring our facilities are clean at all times.
What can you do to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- if you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home. It will not only increase your chances of getting better sooner, but will decrease the chance of spreading germs.
- Please wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- We know it’s easy to forget, but try not to touch your face or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Please do not share personal items such as drinks, food, or utensils.
- If you are working out, please wipe down the equipment with the antibacterial sprays provided throughout the facility.
- We also ask if you have recently traveled abroad or have been quarantined due to your travel, that you please come back and see us once you have been cleared by a medical professional.
We are so grateful for you and your shared efforts to help keep our community safe and healthy. It is possible to limit your chances of exposure just by following the simple CDC suggestions. If you’d like to learn more about COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Thank you for being a valued member of our Mitch’s Gym culture.