Mitch’s Market Street Gym – Member Code of Conduct
Upon reopening we will again be committed to providing our teams and members with a clean and safe environment. However, we need your help to keep our operation viable and Mitch’s Gym operating in as safe a manner as possible. Below are the anticipated guidelines for the Mitch’s Market Street Gym – Member Code of Conduct that everyone will be required to follow when visiting the gym. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping your “HOMETOWN GYM” community as healthy as possible and adhering to the Member Code of Conduct when you visit the club.
- Members with a fever or exhibiting signs of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter the facility. We ask that all members comply with direction from staff for all safety guidelines and club operational procedures.
- Members who are considered high risk individuals are urged to stay home. Members are also strongly encouraged to follow all CDC prevention guidelines.
- UPDATED MASK POLICY (12/8/2020): At ALL TIMES, staff and members shall wear a mask or other facial covering that will cover his or her nostrils and mouth. This includes entering and exiting the gym, in all common areas, and while engaged in any exercise activity in the main gym or in the ancillary spaces. Although we realize this may cause undue discomfort for many members, we must meet the State Department of Health’s requirement of wearing a mask at all times while indoors, and this includes while exercising in all aspects of club usage. Please review the PA Department of Health updated mandates for mask wearing HERE.
- Make exercising with a mask work for you.
- Members are required to sanitize each piece of equipment prior to use and after use, utilizing the disinfectant cleaning spray and hand towels provided throughout the facility. Hospital grade/CDC recommended disinfectant and hand sanitizer will be available to members at stations strategically located around the club for use prior to and after use of all equipment.
- Members should utilize provided Hand Sanitizer and wash hands as often as possible.
- Please be considerate of others should you need to cough or sneeze. Always cover your mouth appropriately should this occur.
- Members are to maintain 6′ of social distancing while in the facility.
- Members are to comply with capacity restrictions and will follow staff’s directions.
- No Group Fitness, Yoga, or RipFit classes will be available during our Phase 1 opening period.
- Water Fountains will be unavailable, please bring your own water bottle or purchase water in the pro shop (Mitch’s Express Only)
- Kids Club will not be available during our Phase 1 opening period.
- Steam Rooms, and Saunas will NOT be available. Limited showers and lockers will be available for use. If possible please come to the club dressed to workout so as to limit the members utilizing the locker area. Social distancing and face coverings are required in the locker room and toilet areas at all times.
- We will be open Monday through Friday 5am to 8pm. On the weekends we will open 7am to 3pm.
- Personal training will resume upon opening and follow all social distancing guidelines.
- All personal trainers will have access to disinfectant spray bottle to sanitize equipment before and after each use.
- Any 2020 unused Personal Training sessions have been extended for your use by the 3 months we were closed, allowing plenty of time to get in your sessions before they expire.
- If you aren’t ready to reactivate your Personal Training sessions, we will allow you to freeze your Personal Training Plan for an additional time.
We want to thank everybody who asked us to continue billing their member accounts. However as a business we chose to suspend the last three billing cycles en mass. Moving forward, all Paid In Full memberships will be reinstated at the time of opening unless you previously sent in a request to freeze your account. Member accounts will be drafted on the next pre-designated monthly draft date of 6/25/2020. Should you wish to freeze your membership for a further period of time, please contact the billing office or follow the link below to submit a freeze request.
Thanks again for your patience and continued support to our mission in providing the finest in fitness and health in the West Chester region. As we move forward we will need everyone’s help in rebuilding our club and ask that you sponsor a new member to join the club. Spouses, friends, and neighbors are the the new blood we need to grow the club and keep us the viable facility you have grown to love through the years.